Download the items in this weeks Friday Folder:
- Eight Home Habits for Raising Resilient Self Reliant Kids
- Physical Education Medical Information Form
- Virtus Training Announcement
Having survived the entire first week of school, we want to extend an official “Welcome Back to all returning school families! It is amazing to see how much your children have grown overthe summer months! We would also like to ‘”Welcome” all of our new students and their families, as follows:
Grade K-3: Temari Milligan, Alondra Lara, Stephanie Viveros, Jean Pierre Arreola Guadalupe, Nolan Stephens, and Gisselle Moya-Colorado,
Grade K-4: Lilly Anne Straney, Jonathan Diego Mendez Nicolas, Devyn Markferding, Adriana Jazmine Garcia Espinoza, and Xiomara Martinez Delgado.
Grade K-5: Geovanny Lopez Garcia, Adrian Moya-CoIorado, Yamaly Chinchilla Perez, Lucciana Mori, Liliana Mora-Gutierrez, Jennifer Vaquier, and Lyla Vaquier Mendoza.
Grade 1: Ramon Gonzalez, Elliot Dawson, Carley Foust, Jacob Marquez, and Sergio Rodriguez Hernandez.
Grade 2: Emely Torres Escobar, Benji Marquez, Marcela Mora Gutierrez, Himena Tlatempap and Arely Gonzalez.
Grade 3: Jonan Lopez Garcia, Dylan Cedeno, Jose Viveros, Ivan Gonzalez Hernandez, Gianna Hanley, and Ricardo Gonzalez.
Grade 4: Brandon Marquez, Enzo Mori, and Gustavo Espinoza.
Grade 5: Yuliseidy Lopez Garcia.
Grade 6: Andrea Torres Escobar, Alasia Jordan, Joseph Santiago Mendoza, Josue Marquez, Giselle Gonzalez Hernandez, Jose Rodriguez Hernandez, and Luis Mario Gonzalez.
Grade 7: Germaine Hanley, Ryan Foust, and Paola De Fariae
Grade 8: Monserret Rodriquez Hernandez, Jullie Allison De Faria, Nghi Phan, and Vanesha Pinckney.
We want to thank God for providing us with so many new families at DRS. We currently have a robust enrollment of 118 students. For the first time in several years, many grades are now full, but we do still have available openings for 11 more students in a few of the classes. It is going to be a great year at Divine Redeemer Catholic School!
Back to School Night 2015
Our annual Back to School Night will be held on Monday, August 24 . Families of students in grades K3 through grade 4 may come to the classrooms and meet the teachers at one of two sessions. The first session will begin at 6:30 p.m., and the second session will begin at 6:50 p.m. Families of students in grades 5-8 are invited to attend the Middle School Orientation in Caddell Hall at 7:15 p.m. From there we will have sessions in the classrooms, by grade, starting at 7:30 p.m. Each of the four sessions will last fifteen minutes, and the last session will begin at 8:15 p.m. You will have a chance to meet all of your student’s teachers, and hear about what each teacher has planned for the year. We look forward to seeing all families at our Back to School Night on Monday. The School Advisory Board will also be hosting an information table at all sessions, and there will be used uniforms available for an exchange. (You can bring some and take some!!!)
We’ve Had a Facelift!
When you come to Back to School Night on Monday, be sure to take a look around at all of our beautiful new upgrades. The following work was completed during the summer:
- New flooring in four lower school classrooms.
- New paint in five lower school classrooms.
- New window coverings in five lower school classrooms. (Installation this weekend.)
- New HVAC units in upper school classrooms and Caddell Hall.
- New appliances in Caddell Hall kitchen.
- Freshly trimmed trees.
We are so pleased with all that we have been able to accomplish with funding from the parish, the school, and even Bishop Guglielmone. However, money isn’t the only thing for which we are grateful. Many parent volunteers worked throughout the summer, helping us with our refurbishments. In addition to a group of supportive parents, we are extremely blessed to have teachers who worked hard as well to make sure that we were ready for school to open. Mrs. Marty Rebuck (and her family), and Mrs. Karen Provost (and her family) were instrumental in both scheduling volunteers and completing/overseeing all the work that needed to be done. They labored long, long hours, all summer long, and kept a cheerful attitude throughout. Mrs. Rebuck also had a dear friend, Miss Anne (and Miss Anne’s mother!), that worked alongside her day in and day out, and donated many new items to the classrooms. We are so blessed by each of these wonderful and hardworking people. We know you will be very impressed with all of our accomplishments!
Sacramental Preparation Meetings
If your child will be making a sacrament this year, please arrange to attend the appropriate meeting, as follows:
- Confirmation Meeting will be held on Sunday, August 23 after 10:30 Mass in Caddell Hall.
- First Holy Communion Meeting will be held on Sunday, August 30 after 10:30 Mass in Caddell Hall.
Information regarding other meetings and events relating to sacramental preparation will be
Parking Lot Safety ‐ Important!
Please read this item carefully, as it will help us to keep all students safe during pick-up times.
- Enter the parking lot from the first driveway up from Murray. This driveway is ONE WAY ONLY.
- Exit the parking lot from the second driveway. This driveway is ONE WAY ONLY also.
- If you are picking up preschool students, you may wish to PARK your car in a parking space near
the office or the basketball courts, and walk to the pick-up area. You CANNOT PARK IN THE
- If you wish to utilize the carpool lane, you must REMAIN IN YOUR CAR. The teachers on duty
will call for your riders and assist them in getting into the car. YOU MAY NOT PASS OTHER CARS
IN THE CARPOOL LANE.
- You must pick up your children on school property. Please do not ask them to walk to the
corner or cross a street without your supervision. This is dangerous.
- YOUR CHILDREN ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS THINGS ON OUR CAMPUS. KEEP THEM SAFE BY BEING CAREFUL, PATIENT, AND THOUGHTFUL WHEN PICKING THEM UP.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
Spirit Day Celebrations
Every Friday we will have a “pep rally” to build school spirit and have some fun. We have provided each child with a “spirit shirt” which can be worn with the school uniform, in place of the polo or blouse. This year’s spirit shirts are navy blue with white writing, and were donated to our school by Kidz Planet Pediatric Dentistry. Please remind your child to wear the spirit shirt every Friday. Please note: on the last Friday of every month, students are allowed to wear the spirit shirt with shorts or jeans, rather than with their uniforms. (Please follow the uniform guidelines in the handbook if you are not sure what is
appropriate.) Go Eagles!!!
Virtus Training for New Volunteers
Attached you will find information about upcoming Virtus Classes, to be taught by Miss Lori. All school volunteers are required to attend Virtus Classes prior to working on campus in any capacity.
- Confirmation Meeting for all 8 grade candidates and their parents on Sunday, August 23rd, after 10:30 Mass in Caddell Hall.
- Back to School Night on Monday, August 24 in the classrooms, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- First Holy Communion Meeting on Sunday, August 30 after 10:30 Mass in Caddell Hall.
- Virtus Classes on Tuesday, August 25 and Thursday, August 27 at 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Teaching Touching Safety Program to be taught to all students in PE class the week of August 30 . You will receive paperwork.
- Labor Day – No School or ESP on Monday, September 7th
- Athletics Meeting for all sports teams on Wednesday, September 9 @ 6:30 p.m.
- School Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, September 10 at 5:30 in Faculty Lounge.
- PTO Meeting & Potluck on Monday, September 14 @ 6:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall.
- Grandparents’ Mass and Reception on Wednesday, September 16 @ 8:00 a.m.
- ITBS testing begins Monday, September 21 , and runs for two weeks.