Download the information included in this week’s Friday Folder
August 28, 2015
It is with great pleasure that we announce our enrollment has nearly hit capacity, with 120 students as of today. We are going to be opening another classroom and splitting up the K3 and K4 students beginning Monday. Mrs. Wroblewski and Mrs. Melendez will both be working with each group equally. Since we are opening another classroom, we do have room for a few more students in each of these classes. (Our maximum is 11 per class.) If you have a child who will be at least 3 by September 1st, please inquire about placement. While grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 are completely full, there may still be one or two openings in grades KS, 1, 7, and 8. Please call the office for information if you have a family that you would like to refer.
We know that some of you are still having difficulty purchasing all of the correct uniform pieces. We are anticipating that all uniform pieces will be available from Educational Outfitters by early September. Until that time, we will be flexible about students who are not in compliance. Thank you for your patience.
A Successful Back to School Night
Many thanks to all who made our 2015 Back to School Night such a success. The School Advisory Board (Communications Committee) did a great job of welcoming all families at the entrance of the school with their beautiful display of “first day of school” photos. They also provided many helpful handouts, keeping all parents Win the loop.” The primary teachers provided two sessions each for parents of students in preschool through grade 4, which was very well-received by all in attendance. Our Middle School team held a general meeting with all parents of students in grades 5-8, and then met individually for four sessions at each grade
level. It was a great evening for reuniting with old friends, and making new ones. We received many compliments on our upgraded classrooms, and on our stellar faculty. If you were unable to attend Back to School Night, and would like to meet with your child’s teacher to discuss classroom procedures and policies, please call the office to schedule an appointment.
Welcome Back. Mrs. Sabback
We are happy to welcome Mrs. Peggy Sabback again. Mrs. Sabback has been named as the parish secretary, and while she won’t be working in the School directly, we will still get the pleasure of seeing her smiling face on campus. We hope she will be happy being back “home,” at her own parish.
Spanish Virtus Training for New Volunteers
Miss Lori is scheduling a special Virtus Training in Spanish during the month Of September. Keep your eyes open for more information.
Just a reminder that Labor Day will be celebrated nationally on Monday, September 7th. As a result, there will be no school or ESP that day. Please plan accordingly.
MORE Parking Lot Safetv — Important!
In addition to repeating last week’s article (shown below), please note that a form is attached to this packet today, regarding afternoon pick-up. (It is in English on one side, and Spanish on the reverse.) Each family needs to complete the form and return it immediately so that we will have a record of exactly who is responsible for picking up each child. We have been blessed with many extended families at DRS this year, but we don’t want to send “cousins” home with other family members unless approved by the parent. Please re-read the below article, and look for the forms in today’s packet.
- Enter the parking lot from the first driveway up from Murray. This driveway is ONE WAY ONLY.
- Exit the parking lot from the second driveway. This driveway is ONE WAY ONLY also.
- If you are picking up preschool students, you may wish to PARK your car in a parking space near the office or the basketball courts, and walk to the pick-up area. You CANNOT PARK IN THE CARPOOL LANE.
- If you wish to utilize the carpool lane, you must REMAIN IN YOUR CAR. The teachers on duty will call for your riders and assist them in getting into the car. YOU MAY NOT PASS OTHER CARS IN THE CARPOOL LANE.
- You must pick up your children on school property. Please do not ask them to walk to the corner Or cross a street without your supervision. This is dangerous.
- YOUR CHILDREN ARE THE MOST PRECIOUS THINGS ON OUR CAMPUS. KEEP THEM SAFE BY BEING CAREFUL, PATIENT, AND THOUGHTFUL WHEN PICKING THEM UP.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
Find a quiet, well-lit location in your home where your child can do homework each day. If they have trouble finishing in a reasonable amount of time, set a timer. See your child’s teacher for more homework tips.
- First Holy Communion Meeting on Sunday, August 30th after 10:30 Mass in Caddell Hall.
- Virtus Classes On Tuesday, August 25th and Thursday, August 27th at p.m.
- Teaching Touching Safety Program to be taught to all students in PE class the week of August 30th. (Paperwork enclosed with this packet.)
- Labor Day — NO School or ESP on Monday, September 7th.
- Athletics Meeting for all sports teams on Wednesday, September 9th @ 6:30 p.m.
- School Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, September 10th at 5:30 in Faculty Lounge.
- PTO Meeting & Potluck on Monday, September 14th @ 6:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall.
- Grandparents’ Mass and Reception on Wednesday, September 16th @ 8:00 a.m.
- ITBS testing begins Monday, September 2ff, and runs for two weeks.