Download from this Friday Folder
All Saints Day Celebration Coming Up
We will celebrate All Saints Day on Wednesday, October 28th, and hope that all of our students will come to school in costume. Normally we have a Mass for the occasion, but this year Msgr. Hofmann will be away on retreat with Bishop Guglielmone. Instead of Mass we will have a paraliturgy (prayer service) in the church at 8:00 a.m. Prior to the service, students will meet in Caddell Hall, and we will process into the church together. Remember to wear PE clothes underneath the costumes, as students will be changing out of costumes after the service. As always, all family members and friends are welcome to join us for our worship service.
Science Fair – Production Night
On Thursday, October 29th all families are invited to attend our first Production Night of this school year. A Science Fair will be presented by Mrs. Hughes’ students in grades 5-8. Each student has worked on a project which will be on display in Caddell Hall at 6:30 p.m. that night. Students will be available to explain their projects to all visitors. We hope everyone will plan to attend!
Parent-Teacher Conferences Reminders
Thank you to those parents who have made an appointment to see your child’s teacher on Friday, October 30th. All parents that have not returned an appointment request have been assigned a time slot for that day. (You will find your reminder notice in today’s packet.) Please try to be on time for your conference. If you are unable to be there on October 30th, please contact the teacher for an appointment either before or after school the following week, if possible. It is very important that all parents attend a conference so that we can work together in partnership to provide your child with the best opportunity for academic success.
La Crosse, Ladies?
Bishop England High School is looking for girls in grades 7 and 8 who may be interested in playing La Crosse. Any girl in these grades is eligible, and no experience is necessary. The season will begin on January 25th. Practices will be after school at BEHS from 3:30-5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. (Early in the season there may be practice on Saturdays, as well.) BEHS also offers voluntary preseason conditioning and skills practice. If you are interested, place contact Angie Kennington at (843) 452-1500, or at email@example.com.
Who Is Up for Hockey???
Some of our students have started practicing singing “The Star Spangled Banner,” in anticipation of performing at the Charleston Stingrays game on Saturday, November 7th, at 7:05 p.m. You will find your ticket ordering information enclosed with this packet. Don’t be left out…order your tickets now! Come to the game and show everyone what it is to be proud to live “in the land of the free, and the home of the brave.”
Beware the Flu
South Carolina is experiencing an early flu season this year, and it has begun to hit DRS. Just a reminder to take care of yourselves. Get plenty of rest, keep hydrated, eat healthily, and WASH YOUR HANDS frequently. If your child is sick…keep him or her at home, please. Do not send your children to school with a fever, or if he or she has vomited within the previous 24 hours. If we are all careful and considerate, perhaps we will be spared a major epidemic. Thanks for your cooperation, and good health to you!
- All Saints’ Day to be celebrated at school mass on Wednesday, October 28th @ 8:00 a.m.
- Production Night – Science Fair for grades 5-8 on Thursday, October 29th @ 6:30 p.m.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (No School) on Friday, October 30th. Report Card distribution that day. Please note: Conferences are MANDATORY.
- Divine Redeemer Night at the Stingrays Game on Saturday, November 7th! Ticket info enclosed.
- Veteran’s Day Lunch on Wednesday, November 11th at 11:30 and 12:30. Vets eat free!
- School Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, November 12, at 5:30 p.m. in room 5 (upper school).
- Cereal Drive for Helping Hands of Goose Creek begins Monday, November 16th .
- Grade 8 to visit Bishop England High School on Wednesday, November 18th .
- Progress Reports go home on Friday, November 20th.
- First Reconciliation on Saturday, November 21st, @ 10:00 a.m.
- College Shirt Day on Tuesday, November 24th.
- Spelling Bees on Tuesday, November 24th.
- Thanksgiving Holidays begin on Wednesday, November 25th. School resumes on Monday, November 30th.