Download Flyers in this Friday Folder
In Special Remembrance…
It is almost impossible to believe that “911” happened exactly fourteen years ago today. I still remember watching the news while getting ready for work (l was on the west coast, three hours behind) and seeing that first plane hit the World Trade Center. At first I thought it must have been an accident, but when the second plane hit the second building, it was obvious that we were under an attack of epic proportions. How much our world has changed in the past years, and sadly, not necessarily for the better. It is easy to become depressed, and feel hopeless in the face of such constant worry and fear; the daily news is like watching a horror movie, some days. However overwhelmed we become with the state of our country, and the rest of the world, we have to remember we can always go to God in prayer. Despite the adversity we perceive and face daily, we are the lucky ones, comparatively. So many people in other places suffer much more than we do. Let us keep our country, and our brothers and sisters all over the world in our daily prayers. We ask God to provide all of us with the basic
necessities for survival, and of course, peace for all people. Amen.
Lets Do Dinner On Monday Night!
Our first PTO meeting will be held this Monday, September 14th at 6:30 p.m. in Caddeil Hall. We hope all of our families will participate in this first all-school event of the year. We would like to start off our meeting with a Pot-Luck Dinner. If you would like to join us in a meal, please bring any kind of dish that will serve five people. It can be a main dish, like fried chicken or enchiladas, or a side dish, like salad or baked beans, or even a dessert (YUM!!!). Since we are not “assigning” any particular item to any particular group, we might end up with a strange assortment of items on our menu, but that’s OK; we will be sharing a meal, and building community. The school will provide drinks (coffee and sweet tea for the adults, and juice for the children), and paper goods. The main purpose of our first meeting is just to enjoy each others’ company, and meet new friends. You will also meet all of our School Advisory Board members, and hear a little something from each. So we hope you will all plan to attend this meeting. It will be a great opportunity for food, facts, fun, and fellowship! See you there!!!
Put Grandma in the Car on September 16th
Don’t forget to invite all of the childrens’ grandparents to come to school Mass on Wednesday, September 16th at 8:00 a.m. as we celebrate our grandparents in a special way. Grandparents will be permitted to sit with their grandchildren in church, and then all children and all guests will be honored at a reception in Caddell Hall, from a.m. (Students that do not have grandparents may certainly invite another relative or friend.) Mark your calendar today!
ITBS Testing Reminder
Students in grades 1-8 will be undergoing standardized testing, starting On Monday, September 21st and running through Wednesday, September 30th, at the latest. Please plan for your children to get enough sleep, eat a good breakfast, be on time for school, and don’t plan any appointments that will take them out of class during that time period. Testing will be conducted, for the most part, before lunch, to ensure maximum energy. We will still have “Specials” during the testing period. Good Luck, Eagles!
- PTO Meeting & potluck on Monday, September 14″‘ @ 6:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall.
- Grandparents’ Mass and Reception on Wednesday, September 16 @ 8:00 a.m.
- Progress Reports go home on Friday, September 18, 2015.
- ITBS testing begins Monday, September 21 and runs for two weeks.
- Knights of Columbus Soccer Shoot-Out will be held on Tuesday, September 22nd, at 3:30 p.m.
- All-School Rosary in the Grotto on Thursday, October @ 8:00 a.m. to honor Mary.
- Family Honor Program begins for grade 8 on Tuesday, October 6th. (Three Tuesdays)
- School Advisory Board Meeting /Training on Thursday, October 8th @ 5:30 p.m.
- Quarter 1 ends on Friday, October 16th.
- All Saints’ Day to be celebrated at school mass on Wednesday, October 28th @ 8:00 a.m.
- Science Fair for grades 5-8 on Thursday, October 29th @ 6:30 p.m.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (No School) on Friday, October 3oth. Report Card distribution that day.