SACS Accreditation 2016
This week saw a team from the Diocese of Charleston, including Sandra Leatherwood with the Catholic Schools’ Office, and Kristi Doyle, principal at St. Anne in Sumter, visiting Divine Redeemer to ascertain that we are keeping up all requirements for accreditation. The ladies worked on Tuesday through Thursday, reviewing various documents explaining our ongoing school improvement plans. They also attended our weekly Mass, interviewed students, parents, teachers, administrators, and school board members, and observed classroom instruction. Though the results of their visit will not be known until after today’s newsletter has been published, we feel confident that we will have a successful visit. We will provide information about upcoming improvements planned for the future. Many thanks to all of our faculty and staff members who worked hard on preparing our accreditation evidence and documentation, and to all parents who participated in our surveys. Your input was valuable in helping us to formulate our next plan of action.
As you know, we are still in the process of solving the “water problem” in the driveway. This week a lot of work was completed, which included re-routing some underground pipes. We appreciate your patience in this matter, and ask you to continue to use our alternate drop-off and pick-up locations.
Tuition Assistance Update
If you applied for the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton scholarship, you should hear the results prior to July 31st. If you applied for financial assistance through the parish or school, you should have already been notified what your tuition will be. If you are planning to apply for the St. Thomas Aquinas scholarship, be sure to submit your application to the school by May 4th, and you should hear the results prior to September.
Race for Education is Coming on May 6th!
We are getting excited about the Annual Race for Education. I hope everyone is working hard to submit their address labels, so that we can reach out to your family and friends for help. We need everyone working together to raise the money we need to make improvements to our school. We need new textbooks this year for some grades, and we continually need to update our technology. We are hoping the driveway will be finished in time for Race for Education, but in case it isn’t, we have an alternate plan. We will keep you posted!
Shamrocks…Just the Beginning
Thanks to all of our families who helped support the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) drive by purchasing shamrocks during the week before Easter vacation. Thanks to your help, we were able to send a nice check to MDA. BUT…it doesn’t stop there! Mrs. Vice has been recruited to help in the fundraising effort, as well. Please see her personal note in today’s newsletter, and help her raise money for children with Muscular Dystrophy. Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached please find a listing of all students in grades 3-8 who achieved Honor Roll for the third quarter. Students were presented with certificates at an assembly last week, and their names are listed on a campus bulletin board. Msgr. Hofmann encouraged all students to work hard to improve their grades in the fourth quarter.
- Grades 3/4 on field trip to Caw Caw Interpretive Center on Thursday, April 14th
- Grade 2 on field trip to Bee City on Friday, April 15th
- Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, April 16th!
- 4th Quarter Progress Reports will go home on Friday, April 22nd
- Production Night – “Drama Club Presents…” – will be held on Tuesday, April 26th @ 6:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall
- Confirmation Practice will be held on Wednesday, April 27th at 6:00 p.m. in the church
- Confirmation will be held on Thursday, April 28th @ 6:00 p.m.
- No School or ESP on Friday, April 29th – faculty will be on retreat!
- First Holy Communion Practice @ 6:00 p.m. in church on Thursday, May 5th
- Race for Education on Friday, May 6th. (Location pending)
- First Holy Communion will be held on Saturday, May 7th @ 10:30 a.m. in the church
- May Crowning will take place in the grotto on Wednesday, May 11th, immediately after Mass
- School Advisory Board Meeting on Thursday, May 12th @ 5:30 p.m. in room 5
Watch for It!
The following are a list of things to watch for today in this packet:
- Honor Roll Notification
- Vice’s Bail Request
- Summer Program Flyer (Clemson University)