Don’t forget that Presidents’ Day is coming up! We will celebrate this holiday on Monday, February 15th, and will not have school or ESP that day. Please plan accordingly. Enjoy the day off!
Open House and Book Fair
Our Open House, held on Sunday, January 31st, was a wonderful opportunity for us to show off our beautiful facilities to school families, parish members, and potential families. Thank you to all of the children who read so wonderfully in Mass, brought up gifts, or attended Mass in uniform, to represent our school. Each student that was in uniform for this event was given a “Dress Down Pass,” which is to be used on Monday, February 8th. Our Book Fair was also well-attended on the day of Open House, and continues to be a “happening place” on campus. Mrs. Karen Ruey (and her family) always put so much effort into making the Book Fair a lot of fun. It was wonderful to see the number of volunteers she has recruited to work the Book Fair, as well. Thanks a million, Mrs. Ruey!
Mardi Gras/Ash Wednesday
It is hard to believe we are ready to celebrate Mardi Gras next week. (Easter comes early this year!) On Tuesday, February 9th we will begin our day with a “Fat Tuesday” Pancake Breakfast for all students. Later in the day (1:30 p.m.) we will have our Mardi Gras Party and Carnival. If you are available to help with the breakfast or the party, please contact Miss Lori at 553-1521, ext. 218, as I know she will appreciate your help. After Mardi Gras, we put away the Alleluia and all the treats and excesses for the Lenten season, which begins the next day, Ash Wednesday. Please join us for Mass and distribution of ashes on Wednesday at 8:00 a.m.
On Tuesday, Student Appreciation Day, we recognized all students who have achieved Honor Roll for the second quarter. (See enclosed list of scholars.) Each was presented with a certificate. Congratulations to all!
As usual, our Archery Team is dominating in competition. Last Saturday they attended a tournament, and took Second Place. Mrs. Provost, our coach, reminded us that the schools with which we compete have much larger student populations, and yet, we come out near the top every time. We are a “small but mighty” team. Some of our individual archers also took first place, including Jesse Kirby (gr. 7), who placed in the Middle School Boys division, and Connie Bui (gr. 5), who placed in the Elementary School Girls division. Zoe Eckrich (gr. 6) took third place in the Middle School Girls division. Congratulations to the entire team, and their coach!
Silent Auction Coming
In case you forgot to mark your calendar…Silent Auction “Black and White” event will be held on Saturday, April 16th at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Goose Creek. More information will be coming. Don’t miss out on the fun, as this will be the premier “adults only” event of the year!!! Please contact Renee Darnell if you would like to help!
Bishop Guglielmone Loves Catholic Schools
Perhaps you saw the wonderful editorial article written by Bishop Guglielmone in Wednesday’s Post and Courier?
Highlights of the article emphasized that we have more than 7,000 students enrolled in South Carolina Catholic Schools, and our student population is a diverse one, with Catholics, Non-Catholics, and students from every ethnic background imaginable. He stressed that, “All are welcome,” which is certainly true at Divine Redeemer Catholic School, as it is one of the most diverse schools in the Diocese of Charleston. Bishop Guglielmone will be saying Mass for our students on Thursday, February 25th at 8:00 a.m. Feel free to join us as we celebrate with our Bishop.
- Dress Down for students who wore uniforms to Open House and Masses over the weekend, on Monday, 2/8/16.
- “Fat Tuesday” Pancake Breakfast on Tuesday, February 9th, for all students, first thing in the morning.
- Mardi Gras Party on Tuesday, February 9th @ 1:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall
- Ash Wednesday on Wednesday, February 10th – Mass @ 8:00 a.m.
- School Advisory Board Mtg./Training @ 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, February 11th
- Valentine’s Party in the classrooms on Friday, February 12th, from 2:20 p.m.
- Presidents’ Day on Monday, February 15th – No School or ESP
- Stations of the Cross begin on Friday afternoons on Friday, 2/19/16 @ 2:15 p.m. in the church
- Face-to-Face Registration on Saturday, February 20th from 9:00 – noon in Caddell Hall
- Bishop Guglielmone to say Mass for students on Thursday, February 25th @ 8:00 a.m.
- Production Night – “A Night for the Arts” – on Thursday, February 25th @ 6:30 p.m. in Caddell Hall
- Stations of the Cross on Friday, February 26th @ 2:15 p.m. – grades 3 & 4 to host
- Face-to-Face Registration on Monday, February 29th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in Caddell Hall
Watch for It!
The following are a list of things to watch for today in this packet: