New Uniform Information
As you probably already know, we are changing uniforms and uniform providers for the 2016-2017 school year. Below is some important information about this change.
All uniforms are to be purchased at:
Here is additional information on How To Order Uniforms From Lands End.
Please call the school office at (843) 553-1521 if you have any questions.
Addtional Information about Uniforms
- Information specific to Dress Code is available on our Dress Code Page in the Students Section.
- Our previous uniform supplier, Educational Outfitters, is no longer doing business in our area, so we had to make these changes.
- Over the past two or three years several families have requested that we change our vendor to Lands’ End. The School Advisory Board arranged a meeting between DRS and Lands’ End, and it was decided that Lands’ End would be our new provider.
- Lands’ End is a well-established vendor, whose product is made of quality materials.
- Ordering from Land’s End is easy, and returns are simple too. You can return your items to any Sears® store (there is one close by in Northwoods Mall).
- The new uniforms will be about the same price as those previously used.
- You will receive detailed information about ordering uniforms before the end of the school year. The information you receive will make it very easy to know what to order.
- Uniforms can be ordered online or via telephone. They can be paid for with a credit card, debit card, or gift card from Lands’ End.
- We will begin selling Lands’ End gift cards in our Scrip program, and when utilized for uniform purchases, DRS will make a percentage of the sale.
- Lands’ End makes all of their own fabrics, so the plaid from the old uniform is not available to us. The new plaid is called Classic Navy.
- Monogrammed items will have the new logo, as designed by Mrs. Cynthia Kirby.
- Some items will have the monogram as optional.
- While we will have an official uniform available through Lands’ End, you will also have options, such as navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, or skorts, with a white shirt or blouse.
- Certain items will be “grandfathered in” for the next couple of years. For example: fleeces with the old logo, navy blue cloth vests for grades 6-8, sweaters or vests with the old logo, windbreakers with the old logo, and the older plaid ties for grades 6-8.
- Polos and PE uniforms must have the new logo.
- No items with the old plaid may be worn, with the exception of ties for grades 6-8.
- Navy or white knee socks will be worn by all girls.
- If you order from Lands’ End, and there is a problem with fit, you can return your products to Sears, and they will mail it back for you.